Mini Berry Pies End Spring Meals On A Sweet, Light Note!
I love sweets and desserts of all kind, but now that summer is fast approaching, Im constantly on the lookout for lighter treats to accompany fresh and dainty warm-weather meals.
After all, when youre supping on something nourishing and simple like this easy dish of salmon and veggies, you dont necessarily want a heavy dessert weighing down your palette.
Thats why Im all about recipes that take the warmth and richness of classic desserts, and repackage them into a more nimble form perfectly suited to lazy evenings dining by candlelight, with a chorus of peepers serenading you.
My latest go-to is a flaky, golden-brown berry pie, resized to be a light and tasty individual serving.
These are the perfect way to end a nice meal, jazz up a little get-together, or just munch on when you’re in the mood for something not-too-sweet.
Print out the recipe below, and get going on the perfect treat to cap off a light meal!
Cook: 40 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 pie crusts
- 1/4 stick of butter
- Combine berries, flour, and sugar in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll out pie crusts, then cut 4-inch circles out of the dough. Repeat until you have 24 circles.
- Line each cup of greased muffin tin with one circle of pie crust.
- Fill crust in each cup up to the top with berry mixture.
- Top each cup of filling with one tiny pat of butter.
- Use a chopstick to make vent holes in remaining 12 circles of pie crust.
- Cover each mini-pie with top crust. Crimp dough along the edges to secure.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 400 F. Tent with foil for the first 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with ice cream. Enjoy!
If this looks like your new go-to recipe for satisfying summer sweets, be sure to check out the video for detailed instructions. Dont forget to SHARE this recipe with friends and family!
Read more: http://www.littlethings.com/mini-berry-pies/